Friday, July 3, 2009

Journey Profile

Remember . . . Walter asked us to write 5 things about our class. Here are mine:

The class was formed for folks wanting a place to explore and question, without someone having definitive answers. We have discussions, different opinions, questions, doubts. No thoughts or ideas are labeled "wrong" -- we do not always agree. I love it when we disagree.

We are a group of people who are trying to be "transparent." We talk about our struggles and share at a level not experienced in many church groups.

Our group is generous with time, talents and cash--at the church, with the larger community as well as among ourselves.

Journey is a diverse group. We have young and old, well-to-do and homeless, married and single. We have widows, widowers, divorced and never married. We have a full spectrum of developmental stages of life and of faith. We have sovereigntists and skeptics (well, at lease one).

We are all seeking spiritual truth and learning to live in love for God and others. We try to strike a balance between what we know and what we do--who we are. I think it is safe to say we want to learn from the example of the life of Christ.

That's my 5 cents. SM

3 comments:

  1. Amen and Amen, and we have more than one skeptic, for sure! You have defined our profile, by the way! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is invited to put in their 2-5 cents so we can create a collective profile. Mine was not meant to be it. So let's hear from the rest of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my old class, I wish there were some way I could attend again, but due to personal reasons I feel I have to stay away for my own sanity.

    ReplyDelete